Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Research

Using the key idea's in the Spark to Pixel brief ( Energy; fire, electricity, light and pixel) as a thematic starting point I have been researching how each work in terms of time and motion.
I am very interested in the way we create our own paths through time, looking at the causes of each effect. I am also interested in the idea of 'the other space'- in religion; purgatory, limbo, perdition, in understanding time; time travel, transportation, or in digital terms virtual reality.

Living in a world where I am surrounded by digital technology, it is easier to believe we are living in a digital age, and if this is true should mans pursuit of knowledge and truth evolve further? If we have all left the cave and have access to an abundance of information then why have we all not reached 'the good'?
I wish to explore this question in my work, and perhaps express some of my own ideas to the viewer.

I have also been looking at the idea of technological extinction, now that we are digital what is happening to the technology of my life-time? videos, cassette tapes, car phones, walkmans etc seem archaic now, will my art work in the same way?
Again it is the time aspect in this idea which interests me, the way technology develops over time, how things change the patterns which are created.

No comments: